We'll add some gussets and tabs here and there for additional rigidity, but for the most part, it's done.
Tim cut out the spare tire well; we will put a piece of sheet metal over the opening. Sheet metal probably weighs less than the tire well. As soon as we plug some holes in the floor and firewall, we can start assembly. It looks like we've got most of the parts that we need except for exhaust, and it looks like we'll be getting some help there.
Here's what I did yesterday:
Hard to tell from that crappy shot, but that's a pile of undercoating removed from the right inner fender well. Weighed about 7lbs, so here's to free horsepower!
Team meeting today, we'll be discussing strategy and how to get the best drivers to do the most laps. Maybe some pit strategy as well.
It's gonna be a car soon!!!